Higher Ground Men’s Conference Fact Sheet
About Higher Ground 2018
- The Higher Ground Men’s Conference is a ministry of Prodigals International. Launched in 2012, Higher Ground is the premier gathering of men of faith in the Pacific Northwest for encouragement, straight talk and practical tools for living with resiliency and integrity in today’s hyper-sexual and fragmented culture.
- The 2018 conference is one day, February 10. All general sessions and breakout workshops are held at Westminster Chapel in Bellevue, Washington.
- Registration: 2018 event tickets will go on sale mid October, 2017. Discounts provided for groups, students and active military.
- The conference is designed for all men and young men age 13 years and older. However, as recent statistics indicate that young men, on average, are being exposed to online pornography as young as 11 years old, and they are coming of age in an increasingly hyper-sexual media culture, we defer to each parent/guardian to determine if Higher Ground’s straight talk content is appropriate for their pre-teen student.
- While the conference is unapologetically Christ-centered, Higher Ground welcomes and encourages ALL MEN of the Pacific Northwest who desire a life of integrity for themselves and their sons to attend. The faith-based conference is GRACE focused, not judgment focused. Many men from a non-faith background come to Higher Ground each year and are appreciative of our relevant content and supportive environment.
- Each year Higher Ground features dynamic speakers and fresh workshops led by today’s leading voices and experts in the areas of spiritual authenticity, sexual integrity and social justice. ESPN’s Brock Huard will be the featured keynote speaker for Higher Ground 2018.
- Participants are provided multiple opportunities to dig deeper into key issues through our breakout sessions led by leading psychologists, pastors and thought leaders on topics such as: living life with spiritual authenticity, father-son relationships, sexual temptation and brokenness, authentic brotherhood and manhood, relevant topics for teens and young adult men, leading with integrity in the workplace, and understanding how men can be champions of social justice in the realm of fighting poverty and the sex trade.
About Prodigals International
Since its inception in 2000, Prodigals International has been on the forefront of Christ-centered, 12-step counseling and support for countless men across the US and Canada seeking freedom from the bonds of sexual addiction, leading them to healing, restoration and sexual wholeness.
The unique key to the success of Prodigals Homecoming Support Groups is the training and empowerment of LEADER-MENTORS. Equipped MENTORS, who have successfully completed the recovery journey, reach out and support men just beginning their recovery. This one-on-one interaction creates the personal connection and accountability needed for long-term restoration and healing.
For more about Prodigals International, click here.